Our Mission Statement
Our Beliefs & Bylows
Our vision is to be:
"A growing Christ centered community,
lead by the Holy Spirit,
worshipping God and making disciples.”
Our Important Values
Login details for both services:
ID—588 877 574
Passcode - 139509
By Phone—Dial 0203 481 5240 enter the above ID when prompted followed by the # key and passcode 139509.
Rev William Hale Andrews (rector of St. Peter's, Carlton Colville) realised that by only having one Anglican church in the area many parishioners would have to make a long journey to attend St. Peter's. To rectify this, a mission church was founded that would later become St. Mark's.
In November 1883 construction was started. Land for the new church was given by George Edwards of Broadview House, who also sold further land for use by the church. Fundraising also played its part in enabling the project to go ahead. St. Mark's was consecrated on 29th July 1884.
From its inception, St. Mark's had been acting as a 'Chapel-of-Ease' for St. Peter's, Carlton Colville. Under the direction of Canon Reginald Bignold (pictured), who started discussions with the Diocese of Norwich and the Secretary of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in London in 1919, the parish of St. Mark's, Oulton Broad was born in September 1931 and Revd J Clegg was instituted as its first Vicar.
In 1960, on land donated by W.H. Winter of Whitton Farm, St. Luke's was built and opened on 22nd May, 1960 by Bishop Leonard of Thetford.
With Bridge Road getting busier, then vicar Revd Will Stewart with the backing of the PCC, embarked on building St. Mark's Church Centre. The fundraising alone would take the better part of 10 years. In 1993 M.S. Oakes were awarded the contract and work was to commence shortly thereafter. The Church Centre was opened and dedicated by Peter Nott, Bishop of Norwich on October 7th, 1995.